Ranked Pro and Combat Zone Update

ArcleggerArclegger Administrator, Moderator, DEV admin

Hello everyone!

First off I'd like to say thank you all for being supporters of the dev team and NantG by playing our update! We are very happy to see so many posts all over different social media and streaming platforms of people enjoying the game again and the update. I'd like to chime in here on a couple of different topics and first up is Ranked Pro.

So we held off ranked pro at launch because obviously there would be 0 players at diamond 5 and nobody would even be able to play it. We thought that 48 hours would be a sufficient amount of time but after reviewing the leaderboards it looks like more time is needed for there to be a constant stream of 25-75 player matches during all hours. As of right now there are:

154 EU Diamond 5 or higher players
85 NA Diamond 5 or higher players
88 SA Diamond 5 or higher players
104 APAC Diamond 5 or higher players
151 AU Diamond 5 or higher players

In order for games to consistently go off at 75 players (which is ideal for the mode and to getting into master or royalty) we would need those numbers to get up to the high hundreds because remember not all players will be on at the same time or will be queuing at the same time. Looks like Ranked Pro will stay locked for a little while longer, possibly until Next Friday. So, competitive players who are diamond already, be nice to the noobs. Everyone else not diamond 5 yet I leave you with this

On to Combat Zone

After much deliberation, waving through a ton of feedback, and seeing the response of players playing the patch. We've decided to keep combat zone locked until further notice. Players are having fun right now with the patch and we don't want to unnecessarily get in the way of that. That being said there are a few things we'd like to do with Combat Zone.

Move it into queue lobbies for ranked pro
We feel that when players that are queued up for ranked pro are waiting for players to join they should go straight into a combat zone lobby until the game starts. This gives players something to do while waiting and keeps the hands warm and fresh.

Create a shooting gallery training area
This essentially is what will replace combat zone, a small shooting gallery where you shoot targets or bots that are either moving or standing still and can pick up any weapon.

We think overall this will create a much better experience for all players and will not detract from the core game of Battle Royale. Both of the above new features will take time to implement and will not be ready for the near future, possibly a Season 4 thing.

Thanks for reading and have fun playing Z1 Battle Royale!

-Arclegger

Comments

• MODENASMODENAS Member

Nice!

• neevsneevs Member

YES

• dNStreeeetdNStreeeet Member ✭✭
    edited March 8

Absolutelyyyyyy love this!

Create a shooting gallery training area
    This essentially is what will replace combat zone, a small shooting gallery where you shoot targets or bots that are either moving or standing still and can pick up any weapon.

YES YES YES! Woooooooooooooooooo I am loving this new Z1BR I knew this would be a golden age again lets goooo! Even better.

We've decided to keep combat zone locked until further notice. OMG OMG OMG YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

• RDANRDAN Member

Good shit.

Fix the jump/crouch and strafe speed and it's perfect.

• ZoleZole Member

We've decided to keep combat zone locked until further notice

holy shit yes

In hope of having an answer,is there any plans to bring back 175 and above lobbies given the numbers of players? that would make the games more interesting

Also unrelated but any plans to make spawns to be more focused near main cities with old(more?) vehicles spawns now that we kind of have the old parachute?

• itsscrispyyitsscrispyy Member

Great idea! It would be nice to play combat zone as a pre-lobby (it should be a 3 min pre-lobby in my opinion) But i would like to address to chabge it to where u need to play ranked pro to get royalty. If possible, it would be nice to get royalty in regular lobbies but still keep ranked pro. It would be better to get royalty in regular lobbies and ranked pro, so u have 2 options.

• cameltoecameltoe Member

@Zole said:

holy shit yes

In hope of having an answer,is there any plans to bring back 175 and above lobbies given the numbers of players? that would make the games more interesting

Also unrelated but any plans to make spawns to be more focused near main cities with old(more?) vehicles spawns now that we kind of have the old parachute?

I don't think 175 player lobbies will be possible in 1-2 weeks.

• KoojotKoojot Member

This is nonsense.
    The pro ranking is not needed.
    Make leaderboard system like last season, all ranks play with all ranks.
    I will not by play ranked pro because it is only solo mode.

• McNightMcNight Member

i really dislike the idea of this ranked pro. h1z1 at its best was high player count lobbies of all types of players , the idea that new or bad players have a bad experience in this type of game is while maybe true, ridiculous. new/bad players got better and enjoyed themselves even playing against the best. This was never an issue when h1 was at its peak and it shouldnt be one now. i dont think seperating the top ranked players into smaller lobbys is a good idea, most of these guys are going for high kill games and are not really looking for a scrim type atmosphere , thats what tournaments and special hosted games are for.

• MHappyMHappy Member
    edited March 8

These news are nice ideas but so many people are waiting to hear something about JUST SURVİVE.

• DC_TrainDC_Train Member ✭✭

WHOO

• FookedUpDuckFookedUpDuck Member

Disappointed your closing combat zone, that was a lot of fun!

• Damage__IncDamage__Inc Member

So ranked pro is only for solos? In duos and fives all ranked players play together?

• SheenSheen Member

Im honestly really saddened to hear this, I cant even get a chance to warm up before being thrown into solos....especially since i can only play 3 days a week, it really helped

• domundichdomundich Member ✭✭✭

I support this, and all creative thinking to address issues highlighted by the community. It's another example of the team finding solutions for a two sided split in the community. I hope that CZ fans will appreciate that similar solutions have been presented by like minded players before, as a compromise.

I also hope that the community can take this announcement as proof positive that the dev team is always listening and does see the community concerns. They may not agree necessarily agree with us on what our solutions are, but they are clearly listening to us.

Players should probably note also, that what @Arclegger has set out above could change slightly once it's implemented, as they may find even better ways to solve the issues that players could have.

• ZakerelittoZakerelitto Member

Good idea, fully agree with that. I actually started playing again since Wednesday 6th. I really enjoying this game currently. Honestly my skill is bad at the moment. When i was playing h1z1, game had 150+ players lobbies. Now situation is almost the same, lobbies are filled up fast. Guys if you die, then just start another queue and grind, practise. You must understand, that combat zone will "steal" many players. H1Z1 was always associated as arcade BR.

• 308308 Member

Thank you for keeping Combat Zone locked, Keep it locked forever. :wink:

• FookedUpDuckFookedUpDuck Member

@Arclegger Hey got a question. If or when you guys add Just Survive back into the game, Is there a possibility that if it affects the BR lobbies filling or overall player count for the BR part and enough people complain you would limit access to it or something like that?

I know it seems a bit of a smart ass question but I remember you guys saying that "a lot of people liked playing combat zone and why would we take away something people liked playing?"
    So could the same happen with Just Survive as your main focus is the battle royale?

Unlocked diamond 3 today https://clips.twitch.tv/CorrectObedientHamburgerPoooound I am ready!

edited March 8

@Koojot said:
    This is nonsense.
    The pro ranking is not needed.
    Make leaderboard system like last season, all ranks play with all ranks.
    I will not by play ranked pro because it is only solo mode.

Ranked pro will help stop the boosters and help prevent cheaters from entering the showdown. You gotta be diamond 5 to unlock ranked pro mode. It is also a whole different ruleset from what we normally play on in public matches. Ranked pro mode is needed as the sweats will go there and the non sweats will actually be able to enjoy the game and earn their way to ranked pro as well.

The days of streamers getting boosted into the showdown is over. Its gonna be skill vs skill none of this earn your way into showdown by playing against bots. Im ready to grind.

• Create a shooting gallery training area
    An excellent idea.

• Crust_TKCrust_TK Member

Players above diamond should be forced to play in ranked pro or new players under gold should play in another game mode (CZ would be great for small lobbies). It is such a terrible experience for new players to get destroyed like that by all the tryhards.
    For the guys telling me "You will split the playerbase" : well the playerbase is already going down 2 days after the patch, who do you think is leaving the game? The sweaty tryhards who are finally getting their kills they've trained for for the last months or the new players?

• KlosselKlossel Member ✭✭

Just remove it and keep it in the Ranked Pro pre lobby or have a player option when loading into a public pre game lobby's to either load into a CZ lobby before the match starts or just go straight into The Box of Destiny instead and wait til the public game starts.

• Dahl1nDahl1n Member

I dreamed off a dm mode and then you launched combat zone and i sat 8hrs a day playing cuz i can just respawn and withour it now the game sucks. I have no fun in br modes but update was good. Im quitting z1br solely cuz of this reason. Will come back when cz is playable

• BauerOGBauerOG Member

Sounds good!

• BertLBertL Member

LOL the bots wanting to keep CZ... Git gud...CZ was ruining the game. Job well done Dev team!

• TiTaNiCoTiTaNiCo Member

Combat Zone, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

• Dahl1nDahl1n Member

lmao imagine thinking it ruined the game?? we had it in ps7 and it didnt kill it u fucking silver

• RussticzRussticz Member

I think that while the player base is still somewhat low (Obviously better than it was before the revert patch) it is a good idea to keep as many players playing solos, duos. and fives instead of playing CZ.

• RussticzRussticz Member

@cameltoe said:

@Zole said:

holy shit yes

I don't think 175 player lobbies will be possible in 1-2 weeks.

After seeing that NantG just dropped an update yesterday I think that it is a good sign of them wanting to please the community rather than take the game where they think it should go. They listened to the community and within a week of the last patch they already stepped up and dropped another one to fix some issues the community was complaining about. That shows me that the current community is going to be happy and stay to play the game and also drive their player base up. I think lobbies could easily fill 175 in the weeks to come.