Ranked Pro a bad idea?

This seems like a bad idea, having to play Ranked Pro in order to achieve Royalty... especially when we are trying to get the players back and stay and having to FORCE them/us play against a full lobby of sweats just to get Royalty? Bad idea and you can say "we aren't actually forcing them to play it" but in theory you are because achieving Royalty in H1 is one of the biggest if not THE biggest goal for casuals to grind for. One of the main reasons why I haven't and most of the community haven't been playing H1 during the entirety of this "Off Season" is because Pubs and Combat Zone are just filled with sweats and it's just not a fun experience for casuals at all.... having to try hard EVERY match just to place decently, let alone grind for Royalty ain't fun and gets very frustrating quickly. One of the main reasons why people loved the top 10 system in H1 and go on about it and how they should implement it into other BR's is because it was the perfect balance of casual and competitive play, if you wanted to achieve Royalty back in Old Pre Season days you had to go for them high kill win games and this was a fun and intense objective to play and grind for, if that is what you call "Pub Stomping" then you've got the wrong outlook on it because getting a 25+ kill win 10x over was not an easy task to do consistently at all even for experienced players but it was a fun and intense initiative to go for in order to achieve Royalty in H1, so I wouldn't consider that to be "Pub Stomping". It was fun to play with a mix of different tiered players in Pubs, it also made every player encounter a bit more unpredictable which was a good thing but now you are FORCING casuals to play in a competitive environment in order to achieve one of the game's main initiatives to play and grind for, which is Royalty Ranking. I'm all for a Ranked pro mode but you (Arclegger) told us that Ranked Pro would be only available once you reached Royalty 5 in pubs and if Royalty/Skilled players wanted to play/try a competitive atmosphere filled with other Royalty/Skilled players and be greatly rewarded for placing well in these matches then Ranked Pro would be your go to mode but don't make this mode a necessity in order to achieve Royalty it makes no sense and is only going to drive players away even more. Just have everything normal for now and just let the entire community enjoy the update first with the modes we've always loved. I don't want this decision ruining what looks like the best update H1 has had since the Combat Update.

I know someone else already explained this but ANY skilled player can go into a normal Pub Solo and so call "Pub Stomp" so how is this in anyway a solution to this when you said yourself any experienced player can do just that. I'm all for a Ranked Pro mode but for Season 4 but not this Season when the main goal for this update is to get the player base back and you are just splitting it up even more by adding another mode, It's just not the right time to do this... let the players get the feel and passion for H1 again and THEN add Ranked Pro mode and do not make it where you have to play Ranked Pro in order to achieve Royalty because as I explained before getting a top 10 of all 20+ wins is a decently hard enough task itself even for experienced players.

Pub stomping and having that initiative to go for them high kill games is what made H1 so intense and fun to play. Please think about how doing this will impact that.

I look forward to hearing everyone's responses to this and thank you for reading.

«1

Comments

  • XteawXteaw Member ✭✭

    As i said in another post they should let master and royalty in normal mode and then add a new rank "Grand Royalty" in Pro mode.

  • KlosselKlossel Member ✭✭

    @Xteaw said:
    As i said in another post they should let master and royalty in normal mode and then add a new rank "Grand Royalty" in Pro mode.

    Yes this seems like a WAY better idea for this game mode

  • I think it would be better to add 2 more ranks above royalty. This would allow players to still achieve the beloved royalty, but it would still encourage sweats to grind out ranked pro. Something like grand master and slayer with the 5 divisions within them. I really would love to be able to play ranked pro, but I also want to play casually sometimes too.

  • XteawXteaw Member ✭✭

    @Klossel said:

    @Xteaw said:
    As i said in another post they should let master and royalty in normal mode and then add a new rank "Grand Royalty" in Pro mode.

    Yes this seems like a WAY better idea for this game mode

    and with that there will be a difference between Good players (master/royalty) who are in normal mode and then Elite players/Pro (Grand Royalty) in Pro mode

  • KlosselKlossel Member ✭✭

    @AdmiralMakron said:
    I think it would be better to add 2 more ranks above royalty. This would allow players to still achieve the beloved royalty, but it would still encourage sweats to grind out ranked pro. Something like grand master and slayer with the 5 divisions within them. I really would love to be able to play ranked pro, but I also want to play casually sometimes too.

    Yes, you are exactly right and that's how I feel too.

  • KlosselKlossel Member ✭✭

    @Xteaw said:

    @Klossel said:

    @Xteaw said:
    As i said in another post they should let master and royalty in normal mode and then add a new rank "Grand Royalty" in Pro mode.

    Yes this seems like a WAY better idea for this game mode

    and with that there will be a difference between Good players (master/royalty) who are in normal mode and then Elite players/Pro (Grand Royalty) in Pro mode

    Yes, exactly it would be the perfect solution for both casual and Elite players

  • @Klossel I just would hope that their would be more than just a special elite bag and higher ranks, like increase xp gain, special skins only gainable from grand master or slayer. I just really enjoy sweating somedays and I think it would be enjoyable to have a special reward for sweating.

  • XteawXteaw Member ✭✭

    Better idea : add Grand Royalty and then Champion and the final PRO MASTER CLASS ELITE PLAYERS RANK : Grand Champion ! And these 3 ranks (with divisons) exclusively for Pro Mode 😎

  • or we could do grand royalty, champion then slayer. I just feel like reusing the names will get old and lose some of the excitement of hitting that special rank, but 3 may be too many ranks to go for and also require extra work for rewards on the developer's side.

  • KlosselKlossel Member ✭✭

    @AdmiralMakron said:
    @Klossel I just would hope that their would be more than just a special elite bag and higher ranks, like increase xp gain, special skins only gainable from grand master or slayer. I just really enjoy sweating somedays and I think it would be enjoyable to have a special reward for sweating.

    Certainly, I love playing competitive too I just don't want to have to be forced to play competitive in order to achieve normal Royalty Ranking but elite skins and crates I 100% would try hard for!

  • KlosselKlossel Member ✭✭

    @AdmiralMakron said:
    or we could do grand royalty, champion then slayer. I just feel like reusing the names will get old and lose some of the excitement of hitting that special rank, but 3 may be too many ranks to go for and also require extra work for rewards on the developer's side.

    Yeah 3 new rankings would be over doing it but adding i think 1 more would be the best idea and then a personal ranking for the top 1 player worldwide!

  • I like tryharding depending on my mood. I just don't want to grind it if there is no point.

  • XteawXteaw Member ✭✭

    3 ranks or nothing. We will be bored like very shortly with only 1 or 2 ranks i think they should test 3 ranks and if its not good they can easily adjust them. ez pz and everyone is happy !

  • remember you would still have to be royalty to even achieve those 3 ranks.

  • XteawXteaw Member ✭✭

    Yes but Royalty V or I to unlock Pro Mode ??

  • domundichdomundich Member ✭✭✭

    If more ranks are added surely it devalues existing ranks. Surely Master and Royalty then become something not worth having, if you care about ranks. Currently Silver and Gold rank are close to pointless. The more ranks that would be added would drag Master and Royalty to that point too, making the emphasis on adding those ranks in Ranked Pro redundant.

    As a casual player I don't care about my rank, I play the game to have fun. It's a great game to play casually and I've done so since mid 2015.

    It's indicative of this community to be suspicious of a new idea or element, mostly to be fair with good reason. But it disadvantages us to be against something without even giving it a go. Personally I think I wouldn't be able to really give a considered opinion on what doesn't work until mid- Season 3.

  • I just think it would be cool to have royalty achievable in pubs and something more achievable as a result of ranked pro.

  • XteawXteaw Member ✭✭

    @domundich said:
    If more ranks are added surely it devalues existing ranks. Surely Master and Royalty then become something not worth having, if you care about ranks. Currently Silver and Gold rank are close to pointless. The more ranks that would be added would drag Master and Royalty to that point too, making the emphasis on adding those ranks in Ranked Pro redundant.

    As a casual player I don't care about my rank, I play the game to have fun. It's a great game to play casually and I've done so since mid 2015.

    It's indicative of this community to be suspicious of a new idea or element, mostly to be fair with good reason. But it disadvantages us to be against something without even giving it a go. Personally I think I wouldn't be able to really give a considered opinion on what doesn't work until mid- Season 3.

    but you guy dont understand what we mean... Just let master and royalty in pubs but add two or three ranks in Pro Mode or just dont add this fucking mode. nothing more. Just that. We never asked for this mode its an idea from @Arclegger and we dont like it so we trying to adjust it :smile: :smile: :smile:

  • I like this mode. I think it'll help with sweats in pubs, but a lot of people don't want to play it for royalty. I am voicing this as an option for both ranked pro to exist, while not disappointing people. @Xteaw @domundich

  • domundichdomundich Member ✭✭✭

    @Xteaw said:

    @domundich said:
    If more ranks are added surely it devalues existing ranks. Surely Master and Royalty then become something not worth having, if you care about ranks. Currently Silver and Gold rank are close to pointless. The more ranks that would be added would drag Master and Royalty to that point too, making the emphasis on adding those ranks in Ranked Pro redundant.

    As a casual player I don't care about my rank, I play the game to have fun. It's a great game to play casually and I've done so since mid 2015.

    It's indicative of this community to be suspicious of a new idea or element, mostly to be fair with good reason. But it disadvantages us to be against something without even giving it a go. Personally I think I wouldn't be able to really give a considered opinion on what doesn't work until mid- Season 3.

    but you guy dont understand what we mean... Just let master and royalty in pubs but add two or three ranks in Pro Mode or just dont add this fucking mode. nothing more. Just that. We never asked for this mode its an idea from @Arclegger and we dont like it so we trying to adjust it :smile: :smile: :smile:

    I understand the point well, it's not a complex notion. As I understand the idea of Ranked Pro too. I'm more inclined to try something before I decide it's a mistake, or unworkable. If players hate Ranked Pro, they won't play in there.

  • @domundich yes I agree with this. Though, people are voicing initial concerns about royalty not being attainable in pubs. This is a good solution from what I can tell.

  • XteawXteaw Member ✭✭

    @domundich said:

    @Xteaw said:

    @domundich said:
    If more ranks are added surely it devalues existing ranks. Surely Master and Royalty then become something not worth having, if you care about ranks. Currently Silver and Gold rank are close to pointless. The more ranks that would be added would drag Master and Royalty to that point too, making the emphasis on adding those ranks in Ranked Pro redundant.

    As a casual player I don't care about my rank, I play the game to have fun. It's a great game to play casually and I've done so since mid 2015.

    It's indicative of this community to be suspicious of a new idea or element, mostly to be fair with good reason. But it disadvantages us to be against something without even giving it a go. Personally I think I wouldn't be able to really give a considered opinion on what doesn't work until mid- Season 3.

    but you guy dont understand what we mean... Just let master and royalty in pubs but add two or three ranks in Pro Mode or just dont add this fucking mode. nothing more. Just that. We never asked for this mode its an idea from @Arclegger and we dont like it so we trying to adjust it :smile: :smile: :smile:

    I understand the point well, it's not a complex notion. As I understand the idea of Ranked Pro too. I'm more inclined to try something before I decide it's a mistake, or unworkable. If players hate Ranked Pro, they won't play in there.

    You dont need to test to realize this mode is shit. i mean the mode has Spawn Select.. xDD just that bro

  • domundichdomundich Member ✭✭✭

    @AdmiralMakron said:
    I like this mode. I think it'll help with sweats in pubs, but a lot of people don't want to play it for royalty. I am voicing this as an option for both ranked pro to exist, while not disappointing people. @Xteaw @domundich

    I think there's presumption of what it will be like to play in Ranked Pro, players are imagining the experience. Which is fair really seeing as it's a new thing in the game. But imagination is not the way to experience a new element in a game. If it were I'd be imagining my way through a lot of games and not buying any.

    As it stands now if you want to try for Master and Royalty you'll need to grind, put the time and effort it. That's not changing. It will become that you'll hit Diamond and if you want to carry on trying to rank higher then you switch over to Ranked Pro. There's a lot players that don't care about their rank, in any game they play, they just want to have fun.

  • I don't see what is wrong with spawn select in a competitive mode? It allows for more in-depth strategy and forward planning on the player's part.

  • XteawXteaw Member ✭✭

    @AdmiralMakron said:
    I don't see what is wrong with spawn select in a competitive mode? It allows for more in-depth strategy and forward planning on the player's part.

    the problem is not here its like 99% of the players dont want to have their royalty rank with pro league settings so it will be 10 players lobbies to have royalty ?? i think its a better idea to add it next season when the game will have more players and more royalty players :smile:

  • How do you know this update won't bring players? They are doing lots of advertising and a number of other methods to attract players. Let them try it, if it fails, remove it.

  • domundichdomundich Member ✭✭✭

    @Xteaw said:

    @domundich said:

    @Xteaw said:

    @domundich said:
    If more ranks are added surely it devalues existing ranks. Surely Master and Royalty then become something not worth having, if you care about ranks. Currently Silver and Gold rank are close to pointless. The more ranks that would be added would drag Master and Royalty to that point too, making the emphasis on adding those ranks in Ranked Pro redundant.

    As a casual player I don't care about my rank, I play the game to have fun. It's a great game to play casually and I've done so since mid 2015.

    It's indicative of this community to be suspicious of a new idea or element, mostly to be fair with good reason. But it disadvantages us to be against something without even giving it a go. Personally I think I wouldn't be able to really give a considered opinion on what doesn't work until mid- Season 3.

    but you guy dont understand what we mean... Just let master and royalty in pubs but add two or three ranks in Pro Mode or just dont add this fucking mode. nothing more. Just that. We never asked for this mode its an idea from @Arclegger and we dont like it so we trying to adjust it :smile: :smile: :smile:

    I understand the point well, it's not a complex notion. As I understand the idea of Ranked Pro too. I'm more inclined to try something before I decide it's a mistake, or unworkable. If players hate Ranked Pro, they won't play in there.

    You dont need to test to realize this mode is shit. i mean the mode has Spawn Select.. xDD just that bro

    I hate to say it but Spawn Select isn't universally accepted as being a bad thing. Plenty of players liked it, plenty stopped playing the game when it was removed. I wasn't bothered either way to be honest, it didn't have much impact on how I play the game and struck me as something more for duos and 5s, while I play solos.

    Honestly too, you do need to test something to tell if it's good or not. Those of us that tested weapons etc on Test Server as they were brought back to PS3 standards are testament to that. Every element that's changed in a game needs to be played to see how well it functions and what issues exist.

  • XteawXteaw Member ✭✭

    @AdmiralMakron said:
    How do you know this update won't bring players? They are doing lots of advertising and a number of other methods to attract players. Let them try it, if it fails, remove it.

    yeah but not all new players will reach diamond and then go in pro mode its what i mean omg..

  • Actually, if you have 3 wins you get diamond right now. I think many players will get diamond. I also notice you are quite toxic in your posts. Just as a warning it makes a lot of your arguments feel invalid. @Xteaw

  • XteawXteaw Member ✭✭

    @AdmiralMakron said:
    Actually, if you have 3 wins you get diamond right now. I think many players will get diamond. I also notice you are quite toxic in your posts. Just as a warning it makes a lot of your arguments feel invalid. @Xteaw

    anyway let them do it, we will see.

Sign In or Register to comment.