Ranked Pro a bad idea?

2»

Comments

  • KlosselKlossel Member ✭✭

    @Xteaw said:

    @domundich said:

    @Xteaw said:

    @domundich said:
    If more ranks are added surely it devalues existing ranks. Surely Master and Royalty then become something not worth having, if you care about ranks. Currently Silver and Gold rank are close to pointless. The more ranks that would be added would drag Master and Royalty to that point too, making the emphasis on adding those ranks in Ranked Pro redundant.

    As a casual player I don't care about my rank, I play the game to have fun. It's a great game to play casually and I've done so since mid 2015.

    It's indicative of this community to be suspicious of a new idea or element, mostly to be fair with good reason. But it disadvantages us to be against something without even giving it a go. Personally I think I wouldn't be able to really give a considered opinion on what doesn't work until mid- Season 3.

    but you guy dont understand what we mean... Just let master and royalty in pubs but add two or three ranks in Pro Mode or just dont add this fucking mode. nothing more. Just that. We never asked for this mode its an idea from @Arclegger and we dont like it so we trying to adjust it :smile: :smile: :smile:

    I understand the point well, it's not a complex notion. As I understand the idea of Ranked Pro too. I'm more inclined to try something before I decide it's a mistake, or unworkable. If players hate Ranked Pro, they won't play in there.

    You dont need to test to realize this mode is shit. i mean the mode has Spawn Select.. xDD just that bro

    Yeah spawn select should stay in 5's imo, spawn select is horrible for solo's

  • KlosselKlossel Member ✭✭

    @domundich said:

    @AdmiralMakron said:
    I like this mode. I think it'll help with sweats in pubs, but a lot of people don't want to play it for royalty. I am voicing this as an option for both ranked pro to exist, while not disappointing people. @Xteaw @domundich

    I think there's presumption of what it will be like to play in Ranked Pro, players are imagining the experience. Which is fair really seeing as it's a new thing in the game. But imagination is not the way to experience a new element in a game. If it were I'd be imagining my way through a lot of games and not buying any.

    As it stands now if you want to try for Master and Royalty you'll need to grind, put the time and effort it. That's not changing. It will become that you'll hit Diamond and if you want to carry on trying to rank higher then you switch over to Ranked Pro. There's a lot players that don't care about their rank, in any game they play, they just want to hav> @Xteaw said:

    @AdmiralMakron said:
    Actually, if you have 3 wins you get diamond right now. I think many players will get diamond. I also notice you are quite toxic in your posts. Just as a warning it makes a lot of your arguments feel invalid. @Xteaw

    anyway let them do it, we will see.

    But getting a top 10 of all 20+ kill wins was a grind itself and it's way more fun for casuals that way, if people wanna grind higher ranks that Royalty then let them by adding higher ranks but in Ranked pro> @domundich said:

    @AdmiralMakron said:
    I like this mode. I think it'll help with sweats in pubs, but a lot of people don't want to play it for royalty. I am voicing this as an option for both ranked pro to exist, while not disappointing people. @Xteaw @domundich

    I think there's presumption of what it will be like to play in Ranked Pro, players are imagining the experience. Which is fair really seeing as it's a new thing in the game. But imagination is not the way to experience a new element in a game. If it were I'd be imagining my way through a lot of games and not buying any.

    As it stands now if you want to try for Master and Royalty you'll need to grind, put the time and effort it. That's not changing. It will become that you'll hit Diamond and if you want to carry on trying to rank higher then you switch over to Ranked Pro. There's a lot players that don't care about their rank, in any game they play, they just want to have fun.

    But getting a top 10 of all 20+ kill wins was a grind itself and it's way more fun for casuals that way, forcing them to play Try Hard lobby's for normal Royalty ain't a good idea with old players in mind. If players wanna grind higher ranks than Royalty then let them by adding higher ranks but only achievable in Ranked Pro

  • @Klossel said:

    @Xteaw said:

    @domundich said:

    @Xteaw said:

    @domundich said:
    If more ranks are added surely it devalues existing ranks. Surely Master and Royalty then become something not worth having, if you care about ranks. Currently Silver and Gold rank are close to pointless. The more ranks that would be added would drag Master and Royalty to that point too, making the emphasis on adding those ranks in Ranked Pro redundant.

    As a casual player I don't care about my rank, I play the game to have fun. It's a great game to play casually and I've done so since mid 2015.

    It's indicative of this community to be suspicious of a new idea or element, mostly to be fair with good reason. But it disadvantages us to be against something without even giving it a go. Personally I think I wouldn't be able to really give a considered opinion on what doesn't work until mid- Season 3.

    but you guy dont understand what we mean... Just let master and royalty in pubs but add two or three ranks in Pro Mode or just dont add this fucking mode. nothing more. Just that. We never asked for this mode its an idea from @Arclegger and we dont like it so we trying to adjust it :smile: :smile: :smile:

    I understand the point well, it's not a complex notion. As I understand the idea of Ranked Pro too. I'm more inclined to try something before I decide it's a mistake, or unworkable. If players hate Ranked Pro, they won't play in there.

    You dont need to test to realize this mode is shit. i mean the mode has Spawn Select.. xDD just that bro

    Yeah spawn select should stay in 5's imo, spawn select is horrible for solo's

    Why do you think it's horrible for solo's?

  • KlosselKlossel Member ✭✭

    @FookedUpDuck said:

    @Klossel said:

    @Xteaw said:

    @domundich said:

    @Xteaw said:

    @domundich said:
    If more ranks are added surely it devalues existing ranks. Surely Master and Royalty then become something not worth having, if you care about ranks. Currently Silver and Gold rank are close to pointless. The more ranks that would be added would drag Master and Royalty to that point too, making the emphasis on adding those ranks in Ranked Pro redundant.

    As a casual player I don't care about my rank, I play the game to have fun. It's a great game to play casually and I've done so since mid 2015.

    It's indicative of this community to be suspicious of a new idea or element, mostly to be fair with good reason. But it disadvantages us to be against something without even giving it a go. Personally I think I wouldn't be able to really give a considered opinion on what doesn't work until mid- Season 3.

    but you guy dont understand what we mean... Just let master and royalty in pubs but add two or three ranks in Pro Mode or just dont add this fucking mode. nothing more. Just that. We never asked for this mode its an idea from @Arclegger and we dont like it so we trying to adjust it :smile: :smile: :smile:

    I understand the point well, it's not a complex notion. As I understand the idea of Ranked Pro too. I'm more inclined to try something before I decide it's a mistake, or unworkable. If players hate Ranked Pro, they won't play in there.

    You dont need to test to realize this mode is shit. i mean the mode has Spawn Select.. xDD just that bro

    Yeah spawn select should stay in 5's imo, spawn select is horrible for solo's

    Why do you think it's horrible for solo's?

    My bad I thought this was about adding it to regular solo's, I wouldn't mind it being in ranked pro it does sort of make sense for spawn select to be in that mode even though I am not a fan of it overall

  • XteawXteaw Member ✭✭

    @Arclegger said:
    Just to provide some context. During Pre-Season 6 when we had around 40,000 concurrent users. This was the distribution of players. There will still be plenty of users filling solo lobbies if people are to come back and try the patch. The small percent of master and royalty players will not split the playerbase by much.

    Not the problem its just that there is no fucking way to tryhard normal if there is not royalty or master, i mean i can easily reach diamond in 1h with just camping omg... just let royalty and master where there is and add two ranks in pro mode... Anyway Arclegger, let's test it but we will see. Im not trash i just dont want try hard with pro league settings and 10 players lobbies because nobody will be in pro mode :)

  • KlosselKlossel Member ✭✭
    edited February 27

    @Arclegger said:
    Just to provide some context. During Pre-Season 6 when we had around 40,000 concurrent users. This was the distribution of players. There will still be plenty of users filling solo lobbies if people are to come back and try the patch. The small percent of master and royalty players will not split the playerbase by much.

    Thanks for sharing this info Arc and replying to my post I really appreciate you taking the time to read it but my main concern is taking away the reasoning to go for high kill games, I'd say best solution is to add a new Rank higher than Royalty Ranking but only obtainable in Ranked Pro. This way casuals can still get there high kill wins in Pubs and achieve their Royalty status and not be forced to play in a competitive environment in order to achieve normal Royalty Ranking and you can only unlock Ranked Pro after achieving Royalty 5 in Pub Solo's.

  • @Klossel said:

    @FookedUpDuck said:

    @Klossel said:

    @Xteaw said:

    @domundich said:

    @Xteaw said:

    @domundich said:
    If more ranks are added surely it devalues existing ranks. Surely Master and Royalty then become something not worth having, if you care about ranks. Currently Silver and Gold rank are close to pointless. The more ranks that would be added would drag Master and Royalty to that point too, making the emphasis on adding those ranks in Ranked Pro redundant.

    As a casual player I don't care about my rank, I play the game to have fun. It's a great game to play casually and I've done so since mid 2015.

    It's indicative of this community to be suspicious of a new idea or element, mostly to be fair with good reason. But it disadvantages us to be against something without even giving it a go. Personally I think I wouldn't be able to really give a considered opinion on what doesn't work until mid- Season 3.

    but you guy dont understand what we mean... Just let master and royalty in pubs but add two or three ranks in Pro Mode or just dont add this fucking mode. nothing more. Just that. We never asked for this mode its an idea from @Arclegger and we dont like it so we trying to adjust it :smile: :smile: :smile:

    I understand the point well, it's not a complex notion. As I understand the idea of Ranked Pro too. I'm more inclined to try something before I decide it's a mistake, or unworkable. If players hate Ranked Pro, they won't play in there.

    You dont need to test to realize this mode is shit. i mean the mode has Spawn Select.. xDD just that bro

    Yeah spawn select should stay in 5's imo, spawn select is horrible for solo's

    Why do you think it's horrible for solo's?

    My bad I thought this was about adding it to regular solo's, I wouldn't mind it being in ranked pro it does sort of make sense for spawn select to be in that mode even though I am not a fan of it overall

    I like spawn select myself, gives more options for play style I think instead of just everyone dropping into the one area, you can have a choice on how you play!

    I'm not that bothered about getting master/royalty or anything like that but the fact they have spawn select in this mode will make me play it the most . ever since they added dynamic gas I always stuck to Combat Zone.

    Cant wait! :D

  • dNStreeeetdNStreeeet Member ✭✭
    edited February 27

    Keep it as it is planned @Arclegger I am absolutely excited for ranked pro mode and I actually want to see royalty players earning royalty in ranked pro mode instead of earning it by getting stream sniped or playing against bots who are lower skill and has no chance vs them in regular public matches. I believe this ranked pro mode will give us the best true skill in the showdowns and absolutely something to brag about if a player can make royalty! My only worry is anti cheat and hackers abusing it. All I ask the dev team is please keep close eye on ranked pro mode and watch for cheaters so we can have a fair ranked pro mode. In our game or any game usually a player will turn to cheats if they cant do it legit.

  • @Klossel said:
    This seems like a bad idea, having to play Ranked Pro in order to achieve Royalty... especially when we are trying to get the players back and stay and having to FORCE them/us play against a full lobby of sweats just to get Royalty? Bad idea and you can say "we aren't actually forcing them to play it" but in theory you are because achieving Royalty in H1 is one of the biggest if not THE biggest goal for casuals to grind for. One of the main reasons why I haven't and most of the community haven't been playing H1 during the entirety of this "Off Season" is because Pubs and Combat Zone are just filled with sweats and it's just not a fun experience for casuals at all.... having to try hard EVERY match just to place decently, let alone grind for Royalty ain't fun and gets very frustrating quickly. One of the main reasons why people loved the top 10 system in H1 and go on about it and how they should implement it into other BR's is because it was the perfect balance of casual and competitive play, if you wanted to achieve Royalty back in Old Pre Season days you had to go for them high kill win games and this was a fun and intense objective to play and grind for, if that is what you call "Pub Stomping" then you've got the wrong outlook on it because getting a 25+ kill win 10x over was not an easy task to do consistently at all even for experienced players but it was a fun and intense initiative to go for in order to achieve Royalty in H1, so I wouldn't consider that to be "Pub Stomping". It was fun to play with a mix of different tiered players in Pubs, it also made every player encounter a bit more unpredictable which was a good thing but now you are FORCING casuals to play in a competitive environment in order to achieve one of the game's main initiatives to play and grind for, which is Royalty Ranking. I'm all for a Ranked pro mode but you (Arclegger) told us that Ranked Pro would be only available once you reached Royalty 5 in pubs and if Royalty/Skilled players wanted to play/try a competitive atmosphere filled with other Royalty/Skilled players and be greatly rewarded for placing well in these matches then Ranked Pro would be your go to mode but don't make this mode a necessity in order to achieve Royalty it makes no sense and is only going to drive players away even more. Just have everything normal for now and just let the entire community enjoy the update first with the modes we've always loved. I don't want this decision ruining what looks like the best update H1 has had since the Combat Update.

    I know someone else already explained this but ANY skilled player can go into a normal Pub Solo and so call "Pub Stomp" so how is this in anyway a solution to this when you said yourself any experienced player can do just that. I'm all for a Ranked Pro mode but for Season 4 but not this Season when the main goal for this update is to get the player base back and you are just splitting it up even more by adding another mode, It's just not the right time to do this... let the players get the feel and passion for H1 again and THEN add Ranked Pro mode and do not make it where you have to play Ranked Pro in order to achieve Royalty because as I explained before getting a top 10 of all 20+ wins is a decently hard enough task itself even for experienced players.

    Pub stomping and having that initiative to go for them high kill games is what made H1 so intense and fun to play. Please think about how doing this will impact that.

    I look forward to hearing everyone's responses to this and thank you for reading.

    IMO Ranked would be a good idea since then the new players wouldnt be owned by a royalty with over 1k hours

  • dNStreeeetdNStreeeet Member ✭✭
    edited February 27

    @Arclegger

    Ranked pro mode is gonna be a fantastic mode for our game. Hopefully other BRs start doing the same thing with this #esports being what BRs are all about now.

  • LivPrimeLivPrime Member ✭✭✭

    I don't know if this is the perfect solution, but I do think at some point the 1.5k players left have to stop glorifying pub stomping as the ultimate sign of a good player. I understand that it is fun, but it is only fun for the best of the best. This ranking system was sustainable when the player base was large because the average skill of the playerbase was way lower. For most people it wasn't even feasible to attempt 30 bombs or 20 bombs. In every game you might have 5 absolute legends of the game and then the other 170 were bots playing against each other. That variety is what made the game fun. Because we have such a large portion of highly skilled players now we somehow have to artificially create that variety in fights. Ranked pro mode might not be the solution, but we have to really start considering some solution. When the game originally went F2P everyone lost their minds because there were so many bots to dumpster, and we could all finally achieve a 30 bomb. The increased number of not so great players disappeared almost instantly. And we were back to all sweating behind our cop cars head glitching the lights and nade spamming each other in the hope of a 2 tap. If playing against nothing but sweaties isn't fun for you, then how do you think people feel who are new or returning players that have basically no chance of killing the really good players? It feels absolutely unfun--better to go play a different FPS game that I at least have a chance of killing someone in. I get that this is a change, but if you don't do something to create a large variety in fights again, then no one will ever stay. When I originally started playing this game it was on a laptop in August 2016. I was terrible. The thing that made the game fun was that there were other people who were terrible, too. And even when I died it was to a body spam or an average player with a shotgun. These all seemed like people I could eventually beat if I kept working at it. If I would have started playing the game as it is today and been instantly two-tapped multiple games in a row, I would have quit. It is a skill level that is almost overwhelming. I have basically no chance in 98% of fights. That isn't fun. We have to bring fun back. We have to take care of the new players. We have to give them a chance to fight both bots and insane players. I don't know how I feel about ranked pro mode, but I trust that if it is harmful to the game or the player base they will make a change after we test it out, but we do have to compromise on a solution. We might not be able to pub stomp all day to be #1 on the leaderboards. Because as long as most of us are doing that, we will not retain the bots and the new players and the returning players that we crave so badly. Wanna see the game grow? You have to make a choice.

  • dNStreeeetdNStreeeet Member ✭✭

    @ix0xo said:
    @Arclegger @SUP3RSoN1K
    @dNStreeeet @Roldan

        If objective is to give a fun, attractive and rewarded experience to new or casual players, while giving a better rewarded system and more interesting competitive perspectives to 2% best players (if they wish)... this isn't the way to go. There are clearly more efficient ways than to brutally divide the player base again (as did Combat Zone).


        As said Shroud on PUBG as an e-sport BR game, this must be the same case for Z1:BR. Let's make a step back. Twitch reflects the entertainers and personalities talents, but also leads a lot around the visibility of a game, any events, etc... The success of an e-sport event is reflected through its visibility, its general activity. So, for example, the number of viewers on Twitch is a major factor regarding to the impact, the success of professional tournaments, such as the H1Z1:FFTC and more recently the H1Z1:PL.

        That's why Ranked Pro Mode will be nothing without a way bigger player base, this isn't what we need at all for Season 3.
        There are other processes that are currently much more efficient, more quickly and in a long term perspective. We don't need at all to divide the community brutally (especially with a small player base) just to give a better competitive aspect to the game, but rather give concrete motivating reasons to play to everybody and then give the opportunity to best players to participate in competitive events if they wish.


    Clan system





        This would put forward an engaged system promotting player's progression, allow long-term strategic components to the game and give to players the possibility to plan out and contemplate game decisions for hours or even days. Use player's progression system to reward the most-engaging types of players, creating a sense of cohesiveness and continuity into a clan, because players will invest themselves into the game and help each others.
        So this shape your learning curve, limiting the complexity of the game, and install a step by step learning path.

        In this collective perspective, Just Survive also has its vital role.


    Continuous tutorial through your account level rise
        This simply means that there would be a tutorial list directly accessible in game menus, and its content would be unlocked progressively, depending to your account level. In the same way, diffuculty would increase gradually.


    Customized crosshairs



    Complete, detailed replay system


    Direct video link - Credit: itsjieyang

    Shooting area in Z2 lobby or directly Combat Zone lobby:



        Around the same aspect of learning, training progressively, Combat Zone is a major factor in the multiplication of players' weariness and completely erase the « step by step grip » process. Its current system only gives negative effects, despite a very strong potential. Its accessibility is abusively too high compared to the immense benefit that it brings back to the player: shooting mechanics (learning the recoil, rate of fire, bullet drop, bullet speed, drag, jumpshot, strafe, dodge with crouch and/or enas and/or jump, seatswap, ...). All of that simply forms the game's foundations, it must remain as mysterious as possible to cause a desire to understand and thus give the desire to play:

    • First choice would be the usual Z2 Lobby, but instead of the landing strip with the planes, replace this area by a delimited shooting area with moving targets with all weapons available close, etc... and players will not lose any HP
    • Second choice would be Combat Zone Lobby: usual CZ until the game is going to launch. To counter any attempts to leave/return to a CZ lobby and because it's ranked games, there would be a punishment system against abusive behavior to prevent players from taking system advantages to play CZ lobby only

    100% agree with you about combat zone. That was a awesome post btw. Also as for ranked pro mode and how it works out as realstroud said it best

  • galstiegalstie Member
    edited February 27

    I can agree with Arclegger's reasoning with making people need to play ranked pro to get into the showdown, this makes showdown grinders go against hard players instead of destroying the new player base that HOPEFULLY is coming along with season 3. But if they make this a mandatory thing for players about diamond to play and cant play the lower skilled pubs, this could remove high kill games. No one wants to see high kill games removed :(

  • LivPrimeLivPrime Member ✭✭✭

    Unpopular opinion: if you can't or don't want to hang with the best of the best in a game then you don't deserve royalty. No matter how many bots you kill in a normal game. You don't deserve the highest rank in the game. Is it difficult to drop a 30 bomb? Absolutely. But I think that has as much to do with luck as it does skill. We have to change the way we glorify people in this game for longevity's sake. Solely because currently we have a really small player base. Pub stomping is fine with 50k concurrent. Not fine, but better. With 10k, it makes it a miserable experience for everyone who isn't at the top.

  • Crust_TKCrust_TK Member
    edited February 28

    Although ranked pro will obviously need to be tuned later I really don't understand how some people could think that such a feature is not needed. The actual global opinion about this feature seems bad but it is biaised by the fact that most of the remaining players are competitive and long time players. They want their 20/25/30 bombs back because it was the best feeling ever being able to kill so many people and having a rank system that glorified you for that.

    But this is obviously a pyramid scheme that will always need more players to workout, which is impossible. Of course, PS3 feeling was amazing with all these beginners but it should never come back. This was not a healthy way to handle its playerbase. You can't expect people to get destroyed and press play again forever.

    We've had this exact same feeling when the game went free to play. Suddenly long time players were happy to drop high kill games again but it didn't last long. Was it because the game didn't have mecanics that these players never experienced or because they were getting destroyed by players who had been playing the game daily for the past 2 years?

    That being said, I think that Royalty should still be reachable in publics, even more for duos and fives. I also really like the idea of adding a rank after Royalty for ranked pro mode.

  • @Klossel said:

    @Arclegger said:
    Just to provide some context. During Pre-Season 6 when we had around 40,000 concurrent users. This was the distribution of players. There will still be plenty of users filling solo lobbies if people are to come back and try the patch. The small percent of master and royalty players will not split the playerbase by much.

    Thanks for sharing this info Arc and replying to my post I really appreciate you taking the time to read it but my main concern is taking away the reasoning to go for high kill games, I'd say best solution is to add a new Rank higher than Royalty Ranking but only obtainable in Ranked Pro. This way casuals can still get there high kill wins in Pubs and achieve their Royalty status and not be forced to play in a competitive environment in order to achieve normal Royalty Ranking and you can only unlock Ranked Pro after achieving Royalty 5 in Pub Solo's.

    it is a very great idea but is very risky considering that at the moment there is ~600 players playing the game right now, and that is split between Hosted games, Solos, Duos, and Fives. Which is then split up by NA, EU, AU, Asia and more. i would wait to see the success of a normal playlist with the introduction of "Ranked Pro" coming when a certain threshold of players have acquired the rank needed.

  • DrPhDDrPhD Member

    @Arclegger said:
    Just to provide some context. During Pre-Season 6 when we had around 40,000 concurrent users. This was the distribution of players. There will still be plenty of users filling solo lobbies if people are to come back and try the patch. The small percent of master and royalty players will not split the playerbase by much.

    just wait until a later season to do the ranked mode cause for someone like me that has alot of hours and has way more fun pubstomping if there is the player count to do it, its part of every br out there i dont understand why u tying to take that away by making it where the good players get nothing from it... the reason i dont play fortnite is cause when i win i feel like it was just another game and when i used to go for high kill games on h1 back in the days it felt so awarding getting a 20k cause u knew it was going to help you move up the leaderboards or get u the next rank.

  • Ranked Pro isn’t for the new player. Its for those of us that currently play and are still quite sharp. It’s just a solo’s match with spawn select. Everyone you’re playing against, you’ve been playing against this whole time. Pubs will become more casual, and help reduce the amount of God tier players in Public lobbies. Bringing more of a balance to what a fun PS3 experience is.

    You’ll all call me a sweaty player, and that’s what we’re trying to get rid of from Pubs. I hear people complaining about sending people through the gauntlet to get Royalty, full of sweaty tryhards. Which I take as people who are actually really good at the game, usually because they win those fights. Those players complaining can stick to pubs and have a good casual experience. Others who want to play comp because they like it can try for the Showdown against other people of similar skill. New players will have an easier time understanding that Royalty will be hard as hell to get, making its value so much more. Players coming back to play for one week to get Royalty won’t be able to anymore. They won’t be playing against bots. Most will be rusty and pubs will be fun for them and newer players. So it’s a win win nostalgia and players won’t be getting bum rushed for Royalty because you can’t do it that way.

    Comp players need another option than to jump in a match and play against noobs. New players need a shield from the current player base, and the returning player base. We need an option to separate the Master level players from pubs. Which is Ranked Pro.

    More relateable to what Apex is like currently in terms of average skill. Some insane, a lot of okay players. If Royalty is something these players coming back want, they’re gonna have to shake off that dust and play with the best. Or else pubs is completely fine for having a good experience until you’re comfortable playing at a higher level. But if you’re not comfortable at that level are you really, truly Royalty?

  • KlosselKlossel Member ✭✭

    Told you guys it was a bad idea...

  • XxWestCoastBlazexXXxWestCoastBlazexX Member ✭✭

    @Klossel The only thing that was a bad idea was putting Ranks back into Pubs. I had a lot of friends join and actually start to enjoy the game before Ranks were re-added to pubs. Once the 20K gamers started killing them every match they all left except one. It’s too hard to enter into this game with the player base. We did this to ourselves. Caving to those who wanted to pubstomp was never a good idea in my own opinion.

    We had 12K players first day. Of those I’d say half were returning players who saw the hype. A quarter of those continued to play the whole time. And a quarter of them probably new. So we had a player base that was not large enough to support pubstomping. And the pubstompers left right after games dipped below 100 per game. Now we’re left wrecked with the consequences.

    I personally think if players had just said okay, and played in Ranked Pro instead of pub stomping we would have higher numbers. Those who weren’t comfortable in Ranked Pro could have stayed in pubs. Because let’s face it, if they can’t handle Ranked Pro they aren’t good enough to destroy players 0%chance, so it’s still a fight for a new player.

    Ranked Pro players seeing mediocre players drop 12k games made them want to grind higher kill games. So the community hopped over to pubs.

    Once Ranks were in pubs there no reason to even queue Ranked Pro for the majority of players, it’s pubstomping season. And then they’re especially confused when the player base is dropping and blame the devs for lack of advertising. We did this to ourselves, not the Devs.

  • domundichdomundich Member ✭✭✭

    @XxWestCoastBlazexX said:
    The only thing that was a bad idea was putting Ranks back into Pubs. I had a lot of friends join and actually start to enjoy the game before Ranks were re-added to pubs. Once the 20K gamers started killing them every match they all left except one. It’s too hard to enter into this game with the player base. We did this to ourselves. Caving to those who wanted to pubstomp was never a good idea in my own opinion.
    We had 12K players first day. Of those I’d say half were returning players who saw the hype. A quarter of those continued to play the whole time. And a quarter of them probably new. So we had a player base that was not large enough to support pubstomping. And the pubstompers left right after games dipped below 100 per game. Now we’re left wrecked with the consequences.
    I personally think if players had just said okay, and played in Ranked Pro instead of pub stomping we would have higher numbers. Those who weren’t comfortable in Ranked Pro could have stayed in pubs. Because let’s face it, if they can’t handle Ranked Pro they aren’t good enough to destroy players 0%chance, so it’s still a fight for a new player.
    Ranked Pro players seeing mediocre players drop 12k games made them want to grind higher kill games. So the community hopped over to pubs.
    Once Ranks were in pubs there no reason to even queue Ranked Pro for the majority of players, it’s pubstomping season. And then they’re especially confused when the player base is dropping and blame the devs for lack of advertising. We did this to ourselves, not the Devs.

    I couldn't agree more with all of this. My heart sank when I saw the announcement about putting ranks back into solos, and the effect was instant. Pulling Ranked Pro is the inevitable consequence of doing that.

    Unless they can figure out some other way to isolate new and casual players from the high-kill game hunting, pub stomping players, then I really fear for the growth of the game. It's not fun getting sh*t on. Why is that so hard for this community to understand.

    Most gamers are casual, most adult gamers have jobs and most gamers are just looking for a way to forget about the sh*t in their life that's stressing them out. It feels to me that the most consistently vocal part of the community is deliberately avoiding that truth, that gaming is about fun and entertainment.

    As for all the cries for advertising, NantG could bankrupt themselves advertising the game, it still wouldn't stop the wealth of players hunting for high kill games just melting new players. Advertising won't make the game fun to play. Advertising won't address player retention problems. Players will try the game, get sh*t on over X amount of games, then go back to games they had more fun on. Advertising won't address any issues, it will just give little bumps in the playerbase, false hope.

    Off the top of my head the only solution I can think of to immediately address pub stomping is to cancel the Season 3 showdown. Repulsive solution I know, truly ugly. It would make a lot of players rightly angry. Without Ranked Pro being the place to grind for the Showdown and therefore where the high skill players will mostly be playing, I can't think of another way to initiate that sort of insulation. I'm hoping someone out there has a genius solution to pub stomping, some sort of solution to separate new and casual players from the tri-hards. Not just for a while, until their rank/level whatever, but where they can stay separated if they want to be. Please? Anyone?

  • LivPrimeLivPrime Member ✭✭✭

    @domundich said:

    @XxWestCoastBlazexX said:
    The only thing that was a bad idea was putting Ranks back into Pubs. I had a lot of friends join and actually start to enjoy the game before Ranks were re-added to pubs. Once the 20K gamers started killing them every match they all left except one. It’s too hard to enter into this game with the player base. We did this to ourselves. Caving to those who wanted to pubstomp was never a good idea in my own opinion.
    We had 12K players first day. Of those I’d say half were returning players who saw the hype. A quarter of those continued to play the whole time. And a quarter of them probably new. So we had a player base that was not large enough to support pubstomping. And the pubstompers left right after games dipped below 100 per game. Now we’re left wrecked with the consequences.
    I personally think if players had just said okay, and played in Ranked Pro instead of pub stomping we would have higher numbers. Those who weren’t comfortable in Ranked Pro could have stayed in pubs. Because let’s face it, if they can’t handle Ranked Pro they aren’t good enough to destroy players 0%chance, so it’s still a fight for a new player.
    Ranked Pro players seeing mediocre players drop 12k games made them want to grind higher kill games. So the community hopped over to pubs.
    Once Ranks were in pubs there no reason to even queue Ranked Pro for the majority of players, it’s pubstomping season. And then they’re especially confused when the player base is dropping and blame the devs for lack of advertising. We did this to ourselves, not the Devs.

    I couldn't agree more with all of this. My heart sank when I saw the announcement about putting ranks back into solos, and the effect was instant. Pulling Ranked Pro is the inevitable consequence of doing that.

    Unless they can figure out some other way to isolate new and casual players from the high-kill game hunting, pub stomping players, then I really fear for the growth of the game. It's not fun getting sh*t on. Why is that so hard for this community to understand.

    Most gamers are casual, most adult gamers have jobs and most gamers are just looking for a way to forget about the sh*t in their life that's stressing them out. It feels to me that the most consistently vocal part of the community is deliberately avoiding that truth, that gaming is about fun and entertainment.

    As for all the cries for advertising, NantG could bankrupt themselves advertising the game, it still wouldn't stop the wealth of players hunting for high kill games just melting new players. Advertising won't make the game fun to play. Advertising won't address player retention problems. Players will try the game, get sh*t on over X amount of games, then go back to games they had more fun on. Advertising won't address any issues, it will just give little bumps in the playerbase, false hope.

    Off the top of my head the only solution I can think of to immediately address pub stomping is to cancel the Season 3 showdown. Repulsive solution I know, truly ugly. It would make a lot of players rightly angry. Without Ranked Pro being the place to grind for the Showdown and therefore where the high skill players will mostly be playing, I can't think of another way to initiate that sort of insulation. I'm hoping someone out there has a genius solution to pub stomping, some sort of solution to separate new and casual players from the tri-hards. Not just for a while, until their rank/level whatever, but where they can stay separated if they want to be. Please? Anyone?

    I tried to propose both a casual/arcade mode and ranked mode for the game. Would it split lobbies? Hell yeah. But at this point I think we have to think of fun over full lobbies. One is in our control immediately and the other is just a byproduct of fun. Basically you'd have ranked solos that are more or less exactly what we have now that would be a perfect replica of PS3 for the fanboys, then casual mode would be a place for revive/fun new mechanics. It wouldn't track high kill games.. only number of wins (to discourage pub stomping). It would just be a place for casual players to stay/grind at their leisure. Then people who willingly wanted to tryhard/improve/compete would play ranked lobbies. Basically it allows a place for people to play the game where you just chill and go for the win versus sweating for high kill games or being a punching bag for a royalty gamer.

  • domundichdomundich Member ✭✭✭

    @LivPrime To me that sounds ideal and I hope the devs see your idea and agree.

  • LivPrimeLivPrime Member ✭✭✭

    @domundich said:
    @LivPrime To me that sounds ideal and I hope the devs see your idea and agree.

    In light of recent news, I wouldn't expect it. :( Almost all of the remaining developers/the community manager got laid off today. I would expect the news of the game shutting down soon.

  • domundichdomundich Member ✭✭✭

    Literally just came here to see if anyone had posted about it. Gutted.

  • LivPrimeLivPrime Member ✭✭✭

    @domundich said:
    Literally just came here to see if anyone had posted about it. Gutted.

    Feel as if I have been punched. Really and truly heartbreaking. A great loss to the gaming world.

Sign In or Register to comment.