Comments

• LivPrimeLivPrime Member ✭✭✭

Slightly more rough than I thought. Like I'm happy to continue having access to the game, don't get me wrong. But if the game is not actively being developed, then the public will lose interest rather quickly. :( Rip transparency and communication.

• domundichdomundich Member ✭✭✭

What a long journey just to go back to square one.

• DatbanditDatbandit Member

yea the "and continue live maintenance on the game" sounds concerning. Sounds like they are just gonna make sure the game is up and stays running and that's about it...maybe some bug fixes. Hopefully I'm wrong about that.

• PiquerasJSPiquerasJS Member ✭✭

So ... just survive is still daybreak?

• LivPrimeLivPrime Member ✭✭✭

@PiquerasJS said:

Just Survive is still daybreak... and Eno (former developer) said he wouldn't hold his breath in regards to the return of JS. The only way it was gonna come back was if the investor decided to invest in it as well. He just pulled out of the deal. Now it's back to daybreak who decided to shut down just survive in the first place. lol

• PiquerasJSPiquerasJS Member ✭✭

@LivPrime said:

@PiquerasJS said:

Just Survive is still daybreak... and Eno (former developer) said he wouldn't hold his breath in regards to the return of JS. The only way it was gonna come back was if the investor decided to invest in it as well. He just pulled out of the deal. Now it's back to daybreak who decided to shut down just survive in the first place. lol

At least give the game files to the guy who is doing the remake.

• FebruaryFebruary Member ✭✭
    edited April 5

@PiquerasJS the dude remaking it is making it in unreal, the game files are forgelight so even if he had them it wouldent help unless he could use the forgelight engine which is proprietary iirc.

• KlosselKlossel Member ✭✭

@Datbandit said:
    yea the "and continue live maintenance on the game" sounds concerning. Sounds like they are just gonna make sure the game is up and stays running and that's about it...maybe some bug fixes. Hopefully I'm wrong about that.

Eno on Twitter said this is how he expects the game to be handled... "small monthly bug fixes/QoL tweaks + MTX and one “big” update a year (maybe two initially given key missing bits they can pull from PS4 like a Battlepass)" if you don't know who EnoDetah is he use to be on the DayBreak Dev team before the game move to PS4